[thelist] .name

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Fri Jul 12 09:19:01 CDT 2002

Viveka wrote:

> I reckon if you can get your first name, that's kind of cool. And as
> long as they're cheap, I think they're a great idea for individuals.
> But .name is too long, and sounds silly. .me and .id are both
> snappier.

You think? Personally I think .id sounds like absolute shite, and that
what auda need to be doing is opening the .au domain up for australian
non-business things. I really don't see why they have it the way it is.

a) less purchases = less money
b) whats the point of keeping the domain space 'pure' or 'clean'? It's
next to impossible to grab the good ones anyway.

<tip type="editors" author="Lachlan">
If you're working on a windows machine, and your server is running UNIX,
and you're running into some trouble getting things to execute, look for
an option in your editor to save files in Unix format.
</tip>

--
Lach
http://members.evolt.org/luminosity/