[thelist] Perl Form to PHP Form

Jeff Wilhelm jeffwilhelm2 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 12 10:26:01 CDT 2002

OK I know I said I was going to shut up for a few minutes, but let me try to
figure this out for myself at least.

A user goes to http://www.punterspower.co.uk/cgi-bin/whois.html and types in
a domain. A list is returned, listing either taken or available. If it's
taken nothing happens, but if it's available, I assume that you want to have
there be a link to do something? The link would be easy to build. In the .pl
file  where it would say available (in the right column), just have it echo
the link as so: <a href="form.php?domain=[echo whatever is listed as the
domain in the left column]">Link</a>. So that way you're building a link
that loads the form.php page, sending along the variable "domain" with the
value "[whatever the text in the left column is]". Then on the PHP page
you'd just echo the variable as mentioned by the other guys (if globals are
on you'd have <?=$domain;?> and if globals are off do what the guys were
saying). Is that what you're trying to do, or am i reading this all wrong?

Jeff