[thelist] copyright or wrong?

Shashank Tripathi sub at shanx.com
Sun Jul 14 11:14:01 CDT 2002

Hey Bill,

    YOUR TORMENTER-TO-BE PONTIFICATED:
    | hate to be a bummer but please change your company/web
    | site name immediately

Wow, the only 'hassle' I see emerging from this rigmarole is enduring
his business communication! :) Here is some preliminary data --

1. US patents office doesn't seem to register Stimilon
(http://snipurl.com/57).

2. Duns & Bradstreet doesn't recognize them either
(http://snipurl.com/58).

3. They might be a company out of Boca Raton, as in their technical
contacts on whois but their whois server is "Melbourne IT" from
Australia? Note that any contact information is remiss from his mail to
you. A quick search then on Australian trademarks, just in case, yields
nothing either (http://snipurl.com/59).

3. Their website is not exactly, er, professional. FWIW.

4. Your website and theirs are VERY different, and clearly for very
different purposes.

5. You have a good reasoning to go for your own domain name, a .org and
you can offer to provide a link to their website on yours with a
gentlemanly note ..."If you are looking for Stimilon motorbiking etc,
please go here".

Personally, I wouldn't bother writing back. But if you are particularly
gentlemanly, maybe a brief "I got your note, but don't know what you
mean" sort of a note should do.

Cheers,
Shashank

--