[thelist] Re: XHTML newbie questions

Tim Luoma luomat at peak.org
Tue Jul 16 09:44:01 CDT 2002

Hershel Robinson wrote:
 >> Add this to Data.css
 >>
 >> table,tr,td { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; text-align:
 >> center ; }
 >>
 >> See http://www.tntluoma.com/temp/gwsystems.html
 >

 > An interesting start, but this page still doesn't have the fonts,
 > font colors nor font background colors that the quirks mode page has.
 > :)

Your original message said:

<q>
The formatting which was done is lovely, but I lost a few things along
the way--HTML Tidy took out my <center> tag and I lost a loss of my CSS
page text formatting.
</q>

If you had said anything about the fonts, font colors, and background
colors, I would have addressed those too :-)

Tidy, while a great tool, is not a fix-all.  It's a good starting point.

If you'd like some help with the fonts, etc, please feel free to reply,
but there's no sense in 10 of us working to solve the same problem.

TjL

Reference Sites:

The file without those two lines (and with the <center> I put back) is here:
http://hclic.gwsystems.co.il/pages/DesignTest/AddCreditors.htm

and the HTML Tidied page is here:
http://hclic.gwsystems.co.il/pages/DesignTest/AddCreditorsX.htm