[thelist] quoting long URLs Re: news.com article on browsers and mainstream sites etc..

James Aylard evolt at pixelwright.com
Tue Jul 16 17:59:01 CDT 2002

Tim,

> ps - I wonder if this has anything to do with the mailing list software
> used or outgoing mail preferences

    Hmm. Probably your mail client's preferences for outgoing mail. The URL
that you just sent came through unbroken. By default, Outlook Express is set
to break outgoing messages at 76 characters per line (this can be adjusted
on a global level, but not on a per-message level afaik). But since the
other paragraphs in your message were short, I suspect if they were longer
they would also have continued on a single line, at least for some distance,
requiring scrolling in OE. But I don't think it was the braces that made the
difference -- I think it was the line length set by your mail software.

James Aylard