[thelist] Arrgggh! Background Music Again

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Wed Jul 17 14:18:00 CDT 2002

Okay all, remember my question on background music for the Christian music site?
I have one hair left here and hoping you can help.

I've copied a song of the CD the client sent, and made it an mp3. Okay there--
it's 4MB so I'm thinking I might try to grab the chorus and just loop it. Well,
I'm missing a beat or two here or there and it doesn't sound right. I've used
MP3Trim, MP3 Sound Cutter, MP3 Workshop, SuperSonic, and Audio Edit Deluxe. I
still can't get it right. I'm thinking the loop thing is a bad idea :-P

Does anyone have any tips for me to get these MP3's down to a respectable size?
I'm putting them in a Flash file to be used on the site for loading and playing.
Will Flash compress them even more? What's the biggest file size I should scale
the initial MP3 down to? I've got something that will fade in and out, but for
the time I need it's still like 400kb...

Don't ask me to talk the client out of it ;-P She's not really my client, I'm
doing this as subcontract.

Thanks, Sigh.
Gina