[thelist] mysql master/slave sync after table change

Michael Mell mike at nthwave.net
Fri Jul 19 10:48:24 CDT 2002

Hi Evolters,
I have had a MySQL master/slave setup working well until this issue came
up: after adding new columns to a table in both master and slave, the
slave is not updating the new columns.

~ I did an "alter table tableName add columnSpec . . ." command, first
on the slave, second on the master.
~ I updated some data in the new columns on the master.
~ Then I checked the slave to see if its data had been updated from the
master, and, no, it has not.

I see no reason for this out of sync behavior in the MySQL docs. Do I
need to stop and start the slave, or run MASTER FLUSH, or some other
incantation?

many thanks

mike
--