[thelist] Here comes SVG (was: Free Flash charts?)

jon steele jjsteele22 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 20 22:31:01 CDT 2002

>From my reading..

Some advantages of SVG:

- can be written using regular text editors (no $ needed for the software)
- more control incorporating XML, etc. making it easily dynamic
- since it is text, can be indexed by search engines (BIIIG advantage...IMO)
- being integrated by adobe into its commmercial apps (advantage?)
- is a standard
- free =)

Disadvantages:

- more time and patience needed to learn
- player plugin not as widely spread (although it is very easy to obtain
http://www.adobe.com/svg/)

Anyone else care to comment?