[thelist] Evolt Membership: Curious of your location

s t e f notabene at members.evolt.org
Sun Jul 21 14:09:01 CDT 2002

<who="Frank" when="18:38 20/07/02 -0400">
>Yes, I figured to a DNS lookup on the address.

I agree with Shoshannah: how would you guess I'm from France?

>Aardvark, being a list admin
>carries a little weight, so I think that it'll be a a big-ass-select-menu
>deal with percentages. Which leads me to my next post: "Free Flash charts?".

Mmmmmh... Using drop-downs as a means of determinating one's country's fine
by me.

As for the results, why not a simple:
- n% from the US
- n% from england
and so on, with no drop-downs?

While it's true that a graphical chart is neat, I'm afraid you'll have huge
US - english columns, and what about the rest? 3 french? We won't be able
to measure up, so your charts will look like a looooooong desert apart from
the 3 or four bigger contributing countries, IMHO.

My 2 cents of Euro ;-)

s t e f

q u o t e o f t h e d a y :

f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng.