[thelist] Jpeg Statement

carole guevin carole at pixeltable.com
Mon Jul 22 08:03:01 CDT 2002

:Statement from jpeg as requested by myself (amongst thousands of others
:I imagine)
:
:http://www.jpeg.org/newsrel1.htm

if you need some coverage of the recent Forgent bomb - pls visit netdiver
what's new page. It's important to raise awareness in our community
concerning this important issue - since at the moment - there is no other
*standard* available.

Also contacted Richard Clark from jpeg.org and suggested we make a temp
board for having people sign in and comment on the issue in order to
generate public pressure and awareness; perhaps there are some geeks here
that would be willing to build such for free as was done recently for the
.org - http://not.invisible.net/signals/bin/000055.shtml - the support
comments are here -
http://not.invisible.net/MT/mt-comments.cgi?entry_id=55;start=0;limit=12.

Do you think it a good idea?