[thelist] Mac graphics software?

Benjamin C. Varadi bvaradi at nlcnet.org
Tue Jul 23 12:54:18 CDT 2002

Are there any recommended free/functional demo products out there for
download comparable to Photoshop/Imageready or Jasc's Paint Shop Pro?  I
want to catch up on some work from home (creating basic menu graphics,
stuff like that), but the only machine currently running in my apartment
is a Revision B iMac w/ 96 MB RAM, and I'm not inclined to spend huge
amounts of money on it, particularly for this short term project
(although in an OT aside, sonnettech's got a G3 600mhz upgrade w/
firewire that's plenty tempting).

The Fireworks demo requires OS 9.1:  This machine (purchased yesterday)
is still running 8.6.  Other options?

TIA,

-BEN
--