[thelist] web site maintenance woes (rant)

Rebecca Milot-Bradford RMilot-Bradford at nsca-lift.org
Wed Jul 24 11:04:01 CDT 2002

Chris,

>  So you function more as a content person than a designer? Then this
>  thread is not for you. I'm addressing the needs of designers
>  to get out
>  of content maintenance and creation and let the writers write.

I function as all of the above. And I think this thread IS for me, since I
started it in an attempt to get some advice on a specific problem that I
deal with.

>  I think you have sidetracked the subject into issues that
>  have nothing
>  to do with the thread, the maintenance of website content.

I don't think I have sidetracked this thread at all. I never specified
maintenance of web site CONTENT specifically, I asked for advice about
website maintenance IN GENERAL. Then I clarified to explain that content was
only a part of this problem, which is my post that you then quoted and
responded to.

I appreciate your attempt to be helpful, but I think the approach you are
taking is very off-putting. There is absolutely no reason for you to tell me
that I am taking the thread off-track when I am trying to clarify the
question that I have been asking. If you want a new thread that is
specifically about using a content management system to simplify content
maintenance, then by all means start one.

Best Wishes,

Rebecca Milot-Bradford, MBS
NSCA Web Administrator
Rmilot-bradford at nsca-lift.org