[thelist] Printing IE5.5 to Legal

Michael Galvin mgal1972 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 25 08:19:00 CDT 2002

A client sent me a request to 'fix the printing
problem' for his site.  After trying to figure out
what exactly the 'problem' was, I managed to get it
down to the fact that he was printing from IE5.5 (I
use 6 as my default) and Legal-sized paper (I use A4).

What appears to be happening is that the printer
starts printing before the sheet is ready, so it cuts
up to half an inch off the lefthand side of the paper.
 However, this is not consistent, and sometimes it
cuts it off at the right.  I've messed around the the
table holding the page (hardcoding it to 600px wide,
etc) but to no avail, (in the latter example, it
simply started printing at the same place [half an
inch to the left] and left a huge gap at the right.

Any ideas?

=====
Michael Galvin
mgal1972 at yahoo.co.uk