[thelist] MS access form filter buggered if I know what Im doing

dn at dittodesign.co.uk dn at dittodesign.co.uk
Thu Jul 25 08:47:03 CDT 2002

I'm working offline with MS access.
and developing hunched shoulders and a headache through
going round in circles from expressions to queries to filters
to sql, visual basic, design view, form view arrrggghhhhh !

I'm out of my depth with this one. I think I've gone as far
as I can myself without trawling the web for the rest of the week
for snippets of an answer.

Could somebody throw me a life line and point me
in the right direction.
I'm trying to add a very basic filter to a form.
I have it working fine but it involves right clicking
results and entering operators which is rocket science
to the client. I've got to make it user friendly.

I know nothing about VB or sql.
All I need to do is have the user enter two figures on the
form and filter the number of products in a field between
these two figures on the click of a button.

So far I have two named but unbound text boxes and the button
in place. Ha, Ha and thats it really. Back were I started.
I do have a some sql code but am unsure how to restructure it to
work from the button and were to add it to get the button to trigger
it.

I'm a web designer and only took this job on to keep my foot in
the IT door of a new client.

any help v.v.v. much appreciated.
I have a back log of work building up as I run in circles trying to
get this to work.

Darren Yates
dn at dittodesign.co.uk
http://dittodesign.co.uk