[thelist] why can't IE find the new IP number?

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Thu Jul 25 08:55:07 CDT 2002

>  ipconfig /flushdns

cool, thanks guys, never heard of that before

did that, but no luck, IE is still showing the old site

> If the DNS Resolver cache has the correct IP for r937.com,
> then ... make sure that it's set to *always* look for a
> new version of a page everytime. (YMMV -- that's IE6)

did that too

cleared the cache, too

even rebooted win2000pro

still no luck

> nslookup yoursite.com
>
> Try that and see if your DNS servers are resolving the correct IP.
> If not, well, it doesn't surprise me... it is verisign after all.

yes, they are showing the right number

and verisign had the right number three days ago

how come all the other browsers on the same machine see the new IP number?

doesn't every domain name resolution go out to the same dns lookup?

why is IE seeing the old one even after i clear the cache (temporary
internet files), tell it to check for a new page every time, and then run
this flushdns command?   even after a cold boot of win2k?

i hate microsoft with a deep, deep passion

rudy