[thelist] Privacy Questions

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Thu Jul 25 11:39:01 CDT 2002

At 12:30 25/07/2002 -0400, Tamara Nelson wrote:
>Also, any way that I can best cover myself in case something goes terribly
>wrong?

   Warn him that if he's going to publish stuff on the web, even if it's
passworded, protected, and so on, there is still a chance that the password
can be guessed, the protection hacked, and other safeguards overcome. If
what he's going to put on it can do him damage, he's safer not to put it on
the web. Get it in writing if you can that he knows that, and won't take it
out on you if it happens.

   That might, of course, need some translation to legalese.

   Me, I never even TYPE anything I won't stand by.

   Drew.

Drew Shiel                               webmaster at swiftpay.com
                                                     +353-1-2365705