[thelist] web page extensions

Mark Joslyn mark.joslyn at solimarsystems.com
Thu Jul 25 12:46:01 CDT 2002

I was just wondering how companies use landing pages in advertisements
without a .html, .htm, etc. extension at the end.

IBM for example has:

ibm.com/partnerworld/developer/news/management

No extension... A lot of other companies are doing this as well. I have set
up some landing pages in the past this way using redirect in the htaccess
file. This seems like it is not the proper way to do this though.

My question: How do you set up your pages and/or directory structure to take
advantage of being able to use links without extensions? This is really
useful in marketing/advertising pieces.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

markJ