[thelist] "Streaming" Music with Flash

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Thu Jul 25 12:52:01 CDT 2002

Hi all,

This is the Christian Music site again, but I have a particular question on the
streaming thing in Flash.

I just asked a dialup user to visit the front page of the site. It took 1 minute
25 seconds for the flash to load and the music to start playing. Eek. Obviously,
this Flash file is not streaming...

I've brought the MP3 file into Flash and set it in the library. It's not on any
layer or timeline though, I used "linkage" and exported it to use with
ActionScript, and in first frame. How to I set this to stream, so it will load
faster?

Thanks,
Gina