[thelist] web page extensions

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Thu Jul 25 15:53:13 CDT 2002

The last "no extension" entry is a directory name, not a file name.  When
presented with just a directory, the web server will access a default
filename.  Depending on the server setup, this can be index.html,
index.htm, index.shtml, default.htm, default.html, index.cgi, default.asp...

Norman
www.craftedsolutions.com