[thelist] 500 Server Error ONLY in IE...

Jackson Yee jyee at vt.edu
Thu Jul 25 16:07:10 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "jon steele" <jjsteele22 at yahoo.com>
To: "TheList Evolt" <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 12:43
Subject: [thelist] 500 Server Error ONLY in IE...

> Why does IE6 (and 5.5...upgraded just for this) give the following error
when I navigate to
> http://localhost

> Page title: 500 Server Error
>
> Server Error
> The following error occurred:
> An invalid URL was detected. NetCache cannot serve the request as entered.
> Please contact the administrator.

> Guess what? NS6, NS4.7 and Opera 5 all produce the page properly.
>
> I am running apache on Windows 2000 Pro. I also shut down IIS.
>
> Please help! I have search microsoft.com but found nothing about this
message. This used to work
> fine before.

This isn't just an issue with Microsoft, IIS, or IE, Jon.  Network Appliance's
NetCache proxy cache is somehow serving up your page requests.  I'd check
under Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections -> Settings for Internet
Explorer and make sure that you don't have automatic proxy configuration or a
proxy server on.

Regards,
Jackson Yee
jyee at vt.edu