[thelist] PHP & MySQL - Generating dynamic pages...

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Fri Jul 26 13:45:01 CDT 2002

[snip]
OMG... Now that I look at the two replies, I really feel embarrassed. I
should've known that. It just goes to show that when you look hard enough at
something and for long enough, the answer is always right in front of your
nose.
[/snip]

Also, It is generally bad form (sometimes it doesn't work properly) to
SELECT * ... not to mention the inefficiency of the query. You should always
SELECT foo, bar, this, that, theother as needed, even if you're select the
entire row. It also gives you a way of performing more error trapping on the
query when it returns unexpected results.

Jay