[thelist] Recommended services for getting screenshots in different browsers?

Simon Willison simon at incutio.com
Mon Jul 29 04:07:01 CDT 2002

Hi all,

The company I work for is currently looking in to subscribing to an online
"browser screenshot" service - one of the ones which allow you to submit
your URL and return a bunch of screenshots showing how your site looks in
various browsers. So far we have looked at Net Mechanic's Browser Photo,
which looks reasonable but is missing out on a few important browsers such
as iCab and Omniweb (and IE5 on Windows for some reason).

http://www.netmechanic.com/browser-photo/tour/BrowserList.htm

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of service? Does anyone know
of any similar services that are "better" than the Net Garage one?

And before you ask, we figure that spending $135 a year on this is more
cost effective than buying a Mac and a Web TV box ;)

Thanks,

Simon Willison