[thelist] using ms publisher files

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Mon Jul 29 11:54:00 CDT 2002

> I'm building a CMS system that needs to take publisher files
> and convert
> them into HTML or something else like pdf or jpg for web viewing.  I
> want my users to be able to just design flyers as they would
> normally do
> in publisher which is their program of choice not mine and submit it
> through a form.
>
> Does anyone know of a toolkit for doing something like this?

Why not get the user to create a pdf from Publisher and then handle that
with the cms?

Installing Adobe PhotoDeluxe is the easiest way to get a "printer" that
creates pdf files from any application.

They could make their flyer in Publisher and then print it to pdfwriter
(a new printer that is installed with Photodeluxe) and then upload that
file from your CMS form.

hth

tony