[thelist] CF: Security Question

Frank framar at interlog.com
Mon Jul 29 13:33:01 CDT 2002

At 11:47 AM 7/28/2002 -0700, you wrote:

 > here's the simple answer.sure, just throw a bit of code in
 > your application.cfm file that will redirect to index.cfm
 > if index.cfm isn't the requested file.

I've tried this one, with varying degrees of sucess (depending on the code
being run at the time), you're right, it's a good idea.

 > now for the more complicated answer. if you're running
 > everything through index.cfm, then why have all the other
 > coldfusion files in a web accessible folder? just move
 > them and change the way your top level includes work. now
 > you don't have this hassle at all.

You know, that's an option I hadn't thought of. I'll take a look at that.
Thanks!

--
This message and any attachment it may have has been found free of viruses
before sending. Viral contagion is on the rise and Microsoft systems are

http://www.frankmarion.com/VirusPrimer.html

Frank Marion
framar at interlog.com