[thelist] Accessibility? Accesskey attribute.

Donald Noble donald at drnoble.co.uk
Mon Jul 29 14:32:00 CDT 2002

Hi, I am curently trying to improve the accessibility of my personal
website <http://drnoble.co.uk>. As part of this I was considering adding
accesskeys to the main links on the page. The problem I forsee is that
(in IE at least) if I specify H for a link on my site, then Alt+H would
overfull the Help menu (on my system). This seems counter-productive to
me, so what are other peoples opinions on this?

If I were to use accesskeys what is the best method of notifying users
of there presence? An underlined letter would be similar to MS windows,
but I don't know if that helps or not.

Cheers :Donald

--
     http://www.AccessibleComputers.co.uk
 Hardware, Software & Custom built PC Systems