[thelist] clientHeight vs. offsetHeight

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 30 03:00:06 CDT 2002

>Fiddling with a CSS layout. I know that NN6/Mozilla do not support
>clientHeight,

NN6/Moz *does* support clientHeight. See
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?doctypes.html for the gory details.

they have offsetHeight. Problem is they are two
>different things. offsetHeight gives you the amount of pixels offset
>from the offsetParent (their words, not mine.)

Nope. That's offsetTop and -Left.

>Anyway, what I want to do is to get the height in pixels of an
>element in NN6 and Mozilla. Is there a way to do this? I am coming up
>empty.

Without the element having a defined height in a style sheet, right? See
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?getstyles.html for some help.

ppk