[thelist] Frames comeback?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 18:40:01 CDT 2002

I agree, and I can tell you that the app I work on here at work would
give anyone who hates frames nightmares. The pages I have worked on
are, yes - FIVE - framesets deep. Five. You can imagine the fun with
scripting.

Aside from the fact that I think they are nuts for setting it up like
this (I think it is all in all, a terrible app), much of what is done
would be VERY difficult to do any other way. You'd either have to use
lots of Iframes (which they use some of those too), or CSS. problem
is, CSS would never work for what they do in its present form.

Got a bit off trail there, but I agree I have seen more. The question
is do the old arguments against frames still hold? For some things,
they work. There are ways around the search engine issues...

Tom

--- Peter-Paul Koch <gassinaumasis at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone notice a comeback of good old framed sites? I don't see
> very
> many frames-sites, but I have the feeling that there are somewhat
> more than,
> say, last year.
>
> The main reason I ask is that I get so bloody many frames questions
> lately.
> I receive about 10 to 20 mails each week asking for help with a
> JavaScript
> problem. Formerly there were hardly any frames questions, but in
> the last
> month or so about one third of the questions is about frames.
>
> So I wonder if frames are making a comeback. Does anyone have any
> idea?
>
> ppk

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();