[thelist] Frames comeback?

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Wed Jul 31 03:26:00 CDT 2002

> I agree, and I can tell you that the app I work on here at work would
> give anyone who hates frames nightmares. The pages I have worked on
> are, yes - FIVE - framesets deep. Five. You can imagine the fun with
> scripting.

<tip type="Javascript in multiple frameset environments"
author="mark at mark.ac">

Working with Javascript in a multiple frameset environment? Place common
functions in an external script file, call the script file in the head of
the top frameset, then reference each Javascript function as

top.functionName()

Saves time on loading, too, as the script file is only called once, not
repeatedly for each page in the frameset.
</tip>

Regards
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/evl/>