[thelist] RTF to xhtml

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Jul 31 07:26:01 CDT 2002

> Arachnophilia can do rtf -> html.  I don't know how well though.

adequately enough

open word doc in word and save as rtf
open rtf file in arachnophilia (converts to html automatically)
save html file
open html file in text editor for further tweaking
save
done

the above requires no thought except for the "further tweaking" which
involves using search&replace for instances of

to replace with

and so on (i'm an xhtml strict freak)

these are not arachnophilia's fault, i think, because they're in the rtf
file that way -- or maybe it's because i have an older version of
arachnophilia

every once in a while i'll get a word doc which comes through the above
process with a sh^H^Hboatload of font tags, so then i'll just drop it into
dreamweaver and use its "clean up html" option

i used to do the above often enough that i added arachnophilia and
dreamweaver to my Send To menu, and drive everything from windows
explorer...

anyhow, the average conversion is around two minutes per doc

tony, if there are a lot of files in the batch, you might consider
outsourcing them -- as i said, it really requires no thought (even the
xhtml compliance), and that qualifies for my very lowest hourly rate

;o)

rudy