[thelist] PERL vs. PHP

Shashank Tripathi sub at shanx.com
Wed Jul 31 09:28:01 CDT 2002

Hi Michiel,

I notice that you sent a mail to the list, but under my name. You might
want to correct your address book.

FWIW, the article below is a "spoof", as pretty much the whole website
of www.bbspot.com is. Sort of like www.satirewire.com or
www.theonion.com.

Meanwhile I am glad you feel deeply about Perl but hope you recognize
that as technologists we all feel passionately about something or the
other, but we have to deal with people who may not necessarily share our
own enthusiasm about everything. The link below had nothing to do with
my endorsements of Perl as a technology -- sure it has some advantages
in some settings, which are perhaps settings you work with, just as
almost every technology has. My message was a "tongue in cheek" response
to something that I have now totally forgotten.

Cheers,
Shashank