[thelist] How Would You Solve This? (Was: Um--Newsletter/Subscription Management)

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Jul 31 11:34:01 CDT 2002

Mark Howells wrote:

>>Customer can buy a six month subscription or a year subscription.

> A database containing the subscriber info, including an "expires" date.

The only change I'd suggest to this is that it might be easier to
use an "issues_remaining" field that's decremented each time. That
way you could include an appropriate prompt in each individual's mail
that "You only have three issues left! To renew your subscription ..."

And the decrementing of the field validates that the mailing process
actually ran, so the customer's newletter's been sent (in case there
were ever a question).

FWIW!
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

     -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --