[thelist] Is changing window.status='evil?';

R.Livsey R.Livsey at cache-22.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 12:31:00 CDT 2002

> On this note, what about affiliate links? You know, links
> that say "Yahoo!" but go to
> http://www.affiliateserver.com/3872397432987/
>
> Would using a window.status script to say
> "http://www.yahoo.com/" be valid in this situation, since
> that's where they will actually end up?
>
> -joe

We were just discussing that here, I think that we concluded it is a
valid situation as it shows where the user will end up.

http://www.affiliateserver.com/3872397432987/ is in effect hiding the
result of clicking on the link. Sure you know where that page is, but
where will it take you?

However, I a title tag should also be used to convey this information.

R.Livsey
Incutio Web Developer
[ PHP | Perl | mySQL | Java ]
w : cache-22.co.uk