[thelist] OT: Adobe doesn't want your feedback

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Jul 31 14:13:01 CDT 2002

 > How do I know this? Well I work with a small customer service group (hey
 > they also specialize in "user experiences") and I am said person who
 > receives those types of messages from customer service. Guess which ones
 > actually make it across my inbox, and which ones are posted up on the
 > corkboard next to the water cooler for shits and giggles baby?

I can't believe I'm reading this. Does this company believe in its
invincibility? That it couldn't possibly make a mistake? And that people
who have problems with their site *must* be losers?

Or is it just the deluded customer service reps?

I've been the Webmaster of some large sites. I've been in a position where
I had to reply to hundreds of messages (sometimes thousands) every month.
Some of them were compliments, some requests for help in areas I had no
knowledge of, and occasionally real stinkers (like when the database was
down due for a while). As much as the stinkers hurt, I dealt with all of
them politely, assured them I was looking into it, and told me when things
were likely to get fixed. A real human answered each mail.

Addressing only messages that you "like" and discarding the rest sounds
like a really foolish "user experience strategy" to me. Does management
know about this?

BTW, my message to Adobe was factual. There was no sarcasm in there.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant