[thelist] replace <b> with <strong> (why dont use b tag)]

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Jul 31 16:28:00 CDT 2002

Adam Fahy wrote:

>> Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that "color: red;"
>> didn't actually "make stuff red." Would you still use it to describe
>> what you were formerly trying to make red? What /would/ you use?
>
> I'm not arguing for the use of <color: red;> as a tag, so I don't
> understand your point.

I wasn't implying <color: red;> as a tag -- I'd have thought it was
obvious I was using a CSS example from the format -- but that's not
my point.

Specifying I want something 'red' is no different from specifying
I want something 'bold' -- it's strictly a visual issue. And that's
a reasonable decision for the site designer to make.

Not everything *has* to be about semantic meaning.

--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

     -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --