[thelist] UI Standards

Frank framar at interlog.com
Wed Jul 31 18:51:08 CDT 2002

Does anyone know of a set of user interface standards that are generally
accepted?

For myself, I've based most of what I know on Apple's UI guidelines, and
adapted them to the web.

I know a lot of people swear by Jakob Neilson, but quite frankly, I've
never found that his stuff really promotes greater usability or greater
ease of use. His own site, as a matter of fact isn't all that terribly
effective, imho.

All of this becomes even more complicated when one considers that the UI of
a site will change considerably, based on the technologies in use, plain
html, Flash, Java, DHTML, etc.

Is there even a generally recognised standard for UI as far as websites go?

Frank Marion
framar at interlog.com