[thelist] Win 2k or XP and why?

NanHarbisonSmith at aol.com NanHarbisonSmith at aol.com
Wed Jul 31 20:24:01 CDT 2002

Remember that XP is the OS that M$ won't let you use until you log on to MS
website and they verify that you are the only computer using that copy of XP.
In PC Week, or one of those magazines, one of the reporters told a story
about how he was trying out XP on his laptop, and there was a glitch, and he
needed the XP disk to get his computer to operate, and he was on a business
trip, and generally did not take his OS disk with him when he traveled. So he
was mad. I object to their big brother attitude with XP and I advise people
to try to get 2K and I personally will avoid XP as long as possible.
Just my 2 cents.
Nan

> I am about to upgrade operating systems (yeah I know, it's about time)
> but I need to do it because Visual.Net won't run on 98. Out of these two
> choices which I am narrowed down to, Win 2000 Pro or Win XP Pro, which
> would be better and why? I have read stories about the product
> activation on XP and also the hardware and software incompatibilities,
> so I was almost leaning towards Win 2k but I realize its the older
> technology. Advice is most welcome...
> Thanks,
> Dave

Nan Harbison Smith