[thelist] Win 2k or XP and why?

{ schaapy } list01 at theparagon.org
Wed Jul 31 21:11:01 CDT 2002

> XP to me looks like Fisher-Price My First Windows or something.  For
> whatever reason, it looks like something designed for a small child. . .
>
> --
> Jonathon Isaac Swiderski       jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
> cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders \\ members.evolt.org/jswiders

I get somewhat upset with people that focus too much on the GUI of WinXP.
Honestly it's a matter of clicks and it's back to its boring 9x look. If you
feel crazy you can install different skins to XP from sites like
www.themexp.org. As far as the backend of XP - I haven't had any problems. I
just upgraded from Win2k (mostly for the hell of it) and was presently
surprised.

My computer has loaded up alot fast (I'm talking less than 30 secs) and I
haven't crashed it yet. Even with running Apache, Photoshop 7.0 Outlook,
Netscape, Opera, IE - shall I go on???? It's just as stable as Win2k if not
more.

If you're a Linux person that there's not much I can say about XP that will
really make you want to run and install it. Personally I think Linux is a
much better concept but I work with Windows more in my work so I can't
afford to spend time learning it.

Aaron Schaap
www.theparagon.org