[thelist] Tip inspried (from: UI Standards)

azafer at xavor.com.pk azafer at xavor.com.pk
Thu Aug 1 03:06:00 CDT 2002

Can someone tell me how to nsubscribe from this list?

Thanks

                    jon steele
                    <jjsteele22 at yahoo.c        To:     thelist at lists.evolt.org
                    om>                        cc:
                    Sent by:                   Subject:     [thelist] Tip inspried (from: UI
                    thelist-admin at lists        Standards)
                    .evolt.org

                    08/01/02 01:00 PM
                    Please respond to
                    thelist

--- Shashank Tripathi <sub at shanx.com> wrote:
> Besides, any particular reason why "CANCEL" should be the first button?
Sort
> of like those absolutely useless "RESET" buttons on web forms which I
> sometimes click unintentionally but then have to painfully refill the
whole
> form (or just abandon the form altogether).

<tip>
If you are going to place a "reset" button in a form, include a confirm
box. Sometimes users may
accidentally press this button (especially if your reset button is placed
irregularly close to the
submit button) and see their minutes of hard work disappear...

<input type="reset" value="Reset Form" onclick="return confirm('Are you
sure you want to clear the
form?')">
</tip>