[thelist] Stupid CSS question - tip (maybe I owe one?)

Simon Willison simon at incutio.com
Thu Aug 1 05:30:01 CDT 2002

At 11:23 01/08/2002 +0100, Tony Crockford wrote:

> > At 02:46 PM 01-08-02, Simon Willison wrote:
> > >however,
> > >proper use of selectors can allow you to style only the h2
> > within that
> > >particular <div>:
> >
> > Thanks, Simon. I was just getting the hang of selectors. :)
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Madhu
>
><tip type="useful resources" author="tony crockford">
>
>Having just bought Eric Meyer's book, which incidentally looks great, I
>thought you all might like to know there's a few helpful extras here:
>
>http://www.ericmeyeroncss.com/bonus/
>
>Including a glossary and some useful stuff on how to serve CSS that
>different browsers can handle.
>
></tip>

Ooh good idea... here's mine:

<tip type="learning css">

One of the most important concepts to understand when learning CSS
is CSS selectors. They aren't particularly difficult but a full
understanding of them will give you the ability to style specific
elements of your document with far less additional markup code. An
excellent guide to selectors can be found here:

http://www.westciv.com.au/style_master/academy/css_tutorial/selectors/

</tip>