[thelist] is ecommerce really that hard?

Nicole P nparrot at pair.com
Thu Aug 1 13:31:02 CDT 2002

Hi Kathy

I don't consider ecommerce especially hard. I could code it in my sleep. :-)

However I am very aware of all the security pitfalls and privacy issues, and
since I am not "up to date" in those areas, and I've never had to handle
credit cards over the net (except as far as paying my bills), I would rather
avoid that.

There are valid out of the box solutions out there, but since people hire me
to do modules like that, and not web design, well, I just tend to stay away
from ecommerce sites.

On the other hand, I'm sure I'd do a better job at creating an ecommerce
package than at designing a site. ;-)