[thelist] relative paths in CSS

Rob Oviatt rgoviatt at nbnet.nb.ca
Sun Aug 11 19:27:01 CDT 2002

How do you express relative paths in CSS?  I'm using the body style (below)
to load a background image for a web site I've built.  It works fine in IE,
but Mozilla 1.0 doesn't find the file.  If I remove the "images/" and drop
a copy of the gif in the same directory, Mozilla can find it.

I've been surfing the net, but every example of "background-image" I've
found, doesn't use a sub directory as the source.  Can anyone shed some
light on this?

body {
         font-weight : normal;
         font-family : "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
         font-size : 12px;
         background-image: url(images/bg.gif);
         background-position : center;
         color: #2A4F6D;