[thelist] Javascript on the fly ... not flying

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Mon Aug 12 01:52:24 CDT 2002

On Sunday, August 11, 2002 3:54 PM Kid wrote:

> I found that many image rotating javascripts worked in IE or NS only.
>
> That could be the problem.  Another thing is some javascript code
> breaks if it line wraps.

    Don't think that's the problem. It is already a working script on the present site which I tested out in IE5.5, N6.2 and NN4.7. I just can't get it to work now. I essentially haven't even touched the script except to separate it from the rest of the scripting code on the current Services page (which code has nothing to do with this script from what I can tell) ... and all that code is now in a remote.js file. By the way, I tried this out leaving all the present scripts intact in the <head> tag, erasing the remote.js file from the <head>, etc. In other words, leaving it the same except taking out any reference to a .css file (which shouldn't affect calling the images, I think). Won't work.

    A real mystery at this point. I'm thinking of removing the DTD and seeing what happens.