[thelist] Running msxml

Brad Miller brad at beldamar.com
Mon Aug 12 16:04:13 CDT 2002

Do you remember how you did the install? I believe there are 2 options for
installing MSXML 4.0 where one of them allows you to keep the old MSXML 3.0
and install 4.0 side by side. If I remember correctly this will cause
problems with the MSXSL program from running properly. You may need to
re-install 4.0 and choose the option that makes 4.0 the only version
available. Not sure if you can do a re-install or if you need to remove it
completely first. Probably better just to remove it.

If that doesn't fix it I would suggest checking out the Mulberry
Technology's XSL email list. There are a few people on that list that I know
will be able to help.
http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/

The other option you have is to download a different parser. Apache makes a
really good one called Xalan. There is a Java version and a C++ version. I
use the Java version because it has more descriptive errors than the C++
version.

HTH,
Brad Miller
www.beldamar.com