[thelist] Popup window opens slowly under IE 6.0 for PC

Amy Rogers arogers at attbi.com
Mon Aug 12 16:54:01 CDT 2002

I need help with a popup window issue that is showing up only under
IE 6.0 PC.  I am not experiencing this problem with other browsers
including IE 5.5 on the Mac.

http://arosheaf.com//hip/hipchatpals/index.html

The popup window is linked to the highlighted words on the page.
Basically it opens a new pre-defined sized window.

Problem: In IE 6.0 PC, the new window opens much more slowly than
in other browsers. What is causing this? (Operating system: Win XP)

On another but related subject, I like for these pop-up windows to
auto-resize based on the contents. In other words, adjust the
dimensions of the window according to the amount of the content
within, rather than a fixed size. Is this possible?  I will have
several similar windows, each varying in length.

I welcome any suggestions. Thanks,

Amy