[thelist] CF: CMS Tips and Tricks?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Mon Aug 12 23:45:00 CDT 2002

At 07:56 PM 8/12/2002 -0400, you wrote:
 > When you say cross browser, do you need NS4, and Opera as
 > well? NS4 really makes things like this difficult...Opera
 > just makes them impossible )

At least Explorer and NS/Moz. NS4.x is not an issue.

 > You may want to think about
 > working with some kind of Blog software. The next time I
 > need to do a CMS, that's one thing I want to investigate.
 > I'm sure that some blog software out there can be
 > programmed to interface with a CGI script like CF.

That's an interesting idea. I hadn't thought of that. The exercise is
really more about building the system myself. My job is not particularly
challenging, and so I'm looking to see how far I can push my skills.

Even though the example you've provided isn't Moz/NS compatible, it's
pretty darned cool. That's what I love about the net! I never would have
thought of that sort of implementation.

Frank Marion
framar at interlog.com