[thelist] Data Protection Act

Frank framar at interlog.com
Tue Aug 13 02:30:01 CDT 2002

At 12:14 PM 8/12/2002 +0100, you wrote:
 > As our webservers are now UK based we feel we need to make
 > our clients aware of the Data Protection Act and it's
 > impact on them. To this end I've written a brief primer to
 > the subject and was hoping for some feedback on it...

 From Canada: I found it to be very accessible. It's brief, salient and
easy to read. It's nice to have such a primer. Even though I'm in Canada,
it keeps me up to date.

<tip type="Internet Legal Issues" author="Frank Marion">

It's a good idea to keep up to date on the laws and regulations concerning
the net and development from other countries. Not only does it impress the
heck out of clients, but if you choose to voluntarily adopt or conform to
them, you're in good shape should your country adopt similar measures.
Furthermore, it's a simple act of good-will towards them-over-there that
shares this here little chunk o' space known as "Earth".

</tip>

Frank Marion
framar at interlog.com