[thelist] formmail prob...com vs net??

Roger Harness magic32 at jps.net
Wed Aug 14 02:17:01 CDT 2002

My mom's isp (www.skyq.com) gives her 'free' 20 megs of webspace. We have a
simple form that users can check some choices/radio buttons/text areas and
submit it. Unfortunately, skyq doesn't allow a cgi-bin, so on 'submission',
the info is sent to matts formmail.pl in my cgi-bin.

In the form itself, i have:

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.rogers_domain.com/cgi-bin/formmail.pl">
<input type=hidden name="recipient" value="my_mom at skyq.com">
<input type=hidden name="subject" value="whatevermomssubjectis">
<input type=hidden name="redirect"
value="http://www.skyq.net/my_mom/menieres_checklist/thank_you.html">

The user IS redirected to the thank_you page, but she can't seem to recieve
any of the form submissions. None.

I know the form works, because i can change the "recipient"
value="my_mom at skyq.com" to *anything* else, and it seems to work fine. even
a hotmail or yahoo account. I did put skyq in the @referers deal in the
formmail, so im pretty sure im ok there.

Now for the wierd part...(or maybe not so wierd...apparently I dont know
much about this part)...anyways, the address is
http://www.skyq.net/my_mom/menieres_checklist/ .

notice the skyq.NET instead of skyq.COM? And again, her email address is
my_mom at skyq.com .

Could that have anything to do with our problem?? It shouldn't, right? But
do some servers (?) not like formmail submitted emails? And for the record,
she *is* able to recieve regular emails to her skyq.com email address just
fine.

as always, tia,

-Roger Harness