[thelist] access pop3 - perl script

Anne Thorniley anne at beerintheevening.com
Wed Aug 14 08:25:01 CDT 2002

Hi Richard,

I don't know of any pre-written scripts that you can just download
and configure, but I've just written a custom one that does pretty
much exactly what you describe for a project at work, and if you
know a bit of Perl you should have no problem writing your own.

Basically, you'll need[1] to use Mail::POP3Client and MIME::Parser at
a minimum, I'm also using MIME::Head, and File::Copy to make life
easier. Looking at the docs for these modules should give you
enough examples to get one up and running.

If you need more detailed help let me know.

Anne

[1] As with any Perl script, there's bound to be loads of ways to
do it, but I'd suggest these modules.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 02:34:49PM +0200, Richard Bennett wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anyone come across a Perl script that will access a pop3 mailbox,
> extract the attachments, and save them on the server for downloading, like
> an "attachments archive"?
>
> (Apache/Linux of course.)
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
>
> --

Now you've reached the point where she sees through you -
Your low esteem and lack of self-control