[thelist] websitegarage.com dead. now what?

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Wed Aug 14 12:09:00 CDT 2002

I wanted to check the weight of a page I was viewing so I went to my old
standby, websitegarage.com.  It turns out they they are officially off
the web as of tomorrow (9/15) and the tools aren't available as of
today.  Well nuts.

So I need an alternative that does roughly the same thing: feed it a URL
and get back a breakdown of images, text, etc. and its size.

I tried googling for "calculating page size" but didn't come up with
anything useful.  Anyone have any favorite tools or better search phrases?

TIA,
Judah