[thelist] Netscape rendering issues

Andre Gaulin agau at Softchoice.com
Wed Aug 14 15:57:01 CDT 2002

Try putting all your lines of code on one line... meaning, take out any
extra line breaks.  Keep your open and close tag on the same line and it
should help... NS is weird like that

Andre
________________________________

-----Original Message-----
From: Melissa Phelps Firestone [mailto:liss at frameshift.com]
Sent: August 14, 2002 4:42 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] Netscape rendering issues

I have a page that displays perfectly in IE (5+), decently enough (for
now)
in NS4.7, and like utter garbage in NS6. It's mostly validated XHTML
1.0.

The page is at http://66.247.98.6/mBLAST/index.html

The problem seems to be that Netscape is putting in spaces and otherwise
resizing page elements at its own whim, and nothing that we do can
change
it. (For example, there's a break within the logo in the top left and
another below the tagline).

We've run into this on other pages when we wanted to put different parts
of
an image in separate table cells, but we've thus far been able to work
around it by combining images. We have some designs, though, where that
won't work. And we're stumped.

I've had three people pounding at this page all day long, and none of us
has
been able to find a solution yet. Since we're all at the "insane" point,
we're beginning to wonder if there is no solution!

Thanks for any help you can give!
--Liss